The Tree Commission's powers, duties and responsibilities are to:
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Planning Commission, City Council and Planning Department Staff Advisor in the administration of the land-use planning process, with respect to tree science and requirements, landscape design and principles, locally suitable botanic species and protection of natural resources.
- To develop and recommend ordinances and policies for the planting, care and protection of trees throughout the City.
- To act in an advisory capacity to all City departments regarding tree protection, maintenance, removal on all City properties.
- To educate the citizenry and to promote public knowledge and understanding of the benefits of appropriate tree planting and care.
- Plus additional duties that can be found within Ashland Municipal Code Chapter 2.25.
Please remember that other than staff, the people listed below are volunteers working on behalf of our community and should only be contacted on matters related to their particular commission, committee or board.
||Length of Term
1983, Ordinance 2260
Thursday prior to the regular Planning Commission meeting; at 6:00 PM, 51 Winburn Way (Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month)
|VACANCY - 1||04/30/2014|
|Michael Pina||Staff Liaison|
|Anne Thayer||Parks & Rec Liaison|
|Carol Voisin||Council Liaison|
Tree Commission Regular Meeting
Thursday, January 09, 2014
Regular meeting of the Ashland Tree Commission (Read more)
View All Calendar Events
|Agendas And Minutes|
View All Minutes