(Deadline for voting is December 1, 2015)
The Tree Commission was established by ordinance in 1983 under the authority of Ashland Municipal Code, Chapter 2.25. Generally, it is made up of five voting members, and three non-voting members consisting of an Ashland City Councilor, a Parks and Recreation Department representative, and a Community Development Department representative.
The Tree Commission's powers, duties and responsibilities are:
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Planning Commission, City Council and Planning Department Staff Advisor in the administration of the land-use planning process, with respect to tree science and requirements, landscape design and principles, locally suitable botanic species and protection of natural resources.
- To develop and recommend ordinances and policies for the planting, care and protection of trees throughout the City.
- To act in an advisory capacity to all City departments regarding tree protection, maintenance, removal on all City properties.
- To educate the citizenry and to promote public knowledge and understanding of the benefits of appropriate tree planting and care.
- Plus additional duties that can be found within Ashland Municipal Code Chapter 2.25.
Please remember that other than staff, the people listed below are volunteers working on behalf of our community and should only be contacted on matters related to their particular commission, committee or board.
||Length of Term
1983, Ordinance 2260
Thursday prior to the regular Planning Commission meeting; at 6:00 PM, 51 Winburn Way (Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month)
|Peter Baughman||Park Liaison|
|Cory Darrow||Staff Liaison|
Tree Commission Meeting
Thursday, February 09, 2017
Tree Commission Meeting (Read more)
View All Calendar Events
|Agendas And Minutes|
View All Minutes