|Agendas and Minutes||Committee E-mail Archives|
In October of 2013 the Housing Commission was disbanded. Many of the Powers and Duties of the Housing Commission were taken up by the Housing and Human Services Commission.
The mission of the Ashland Housing Commission is to encourage housing that is available and affordable to a wider range of city residents and preserves the diversity and character of the community by providing opportunities to enhance cooperation between the public and private sectors, encouragement of financial entities to support housing programs in the city, and coordination of housing and supportive services programs.
The powers and duties of the Housing Commission are:
- To develop and recommend coordinated housing and supportive services programs;
- To recommend housing and supportive services priorities for the City;
- To review and make recommendations to the City Council and Budget Committee on Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and related allocations;
- To investigate Federal, State, County and private funding for implementation of City housing programs;
- To oversee the compilation of accurate information on the City's housing supply and affordability;
- To monitor projects funded with the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and the Housing Trust Fund;
- To act in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and City Council regarding housing and related issues in the City and the City's properties;
- To foster public knowledge and support of the official City housing programs.
Further information is available on the Ashland Housing Program.
Please remember that other than staff, the people listed below are volunteers working on behalf of our community and should only be contacted on matters related to their particular commission, committee or board.
||Length of Term
Meets 4th Wednesday at 4:00-5:45 Council Chambers
Members (3 year terms expiring April 30)
|VACANCY - 1||Commissioner||04/30/2019|
|Megan Mercier||Student Liaison|
|Linda Reid||Staff Liaison|
|Agendas And Minutes|
View All Minutes