AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: December 1 Business Meeting Testimony. Those who wish to give oral testimony can fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, November 30 at 10 a.m. All Public Forum comments will comply with Council Rules; otherwise they will not be included in the Agenda or Council Minutes.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of November 16, 2020
- Business Meeting of November 17, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Annual Presentation by the Planning Commission
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
Submitted Public Testimony
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Lord Property Donation to Parks and Recreation Department
- Approval of a Sewer Service Connection within the Urban Growth Boundary at 1104 Paradise Lane
- Approval of Riparian Land Lease Agreement for the Water Quality Temperature Trading Partnership
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Resolution No. 2020-15 Social Equity and Racial Justice Council Discussion and Action Identification
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Ashland Community Smoke Response Plan Approval
- Update on Fire Chief Recruitment
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Approval of Contract for City Manager Pro Tem
- Resolution No. 2020-25 Adopting a Supplemental Budget for Changes to the 2019/21 Biennial Budget
- Financial Policies Update and Resolution No. 2020-26 Intended Sources and Uses of Funds Accumulated for and in the Reserve Fund
- Continued: First reading of Ordinance No. 3194 Annexing Property and Withdrawing an Annexed Area from Jackson County Fire District #5 (Public Hearing Closed)
- Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3195 Amending the Ashland Land Use Ordinance relating to Requirements for Affordable Housing and Affordable Housing Standards and Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-24, a Resolution Amending Resolution 2006-13
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).