PUBLIC ARTS COMMISSION
October 18, 2019
MINUTES - Draft
Chair Sandra Friend called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m. in the Siskiyou Room, 51 Winburn Way.
- CALL TO ORDER:
Commissioner Phillips added agenda item Benches of Ashland under OTHER BUSINESS.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
||Aaron Anderson, Assistant Planner
Joel Heller, absent
Commissioner Stallman/Newman m/s to approve the minutes of September 20, 2019. Voice Vote: all AYES. Motion passed.
III. PUBLIC FORUM - None
IV. LIAISON REPORTS
- Public Arts Commission regular meeting of September 20, 2019
Mr. Anderson had menus available for lunch orders during the strategic planning meeting November 15, 2019.
- Council Liaison - Councilor Jensen
- Staff Liaison - Staff Liaison Anderson
V. NEW PROJECTS PROPOSAL
- Parks Liaison - Parks Liaison Heller - None
VI. PROJECT UPDATES
- Hub Sculpture (continued)
- The Commission reviewed and made changes to the draft.
- They discussed the expected price point for the proposed sculpture and total project cost.
- They discussed the timing of MAP and the design process for the HUB sculpture.
- Commissioner Fuhrmark offered to take notes and re-work the opening segment.
- Chair Friend proposed an off-site meeting. Commissioner Stallman thought it should happen during strategic planning in November.
- The RFQ will be issued January 6, 2020.
- The Application would be due February 28, 2020.
- There would be a special work session to select three finalists tentatively March 5, 2020.
- A selection panel would choose the final artist.
VII. PAC WORKPLAN
- Masterworks returned the contract with comments and amendments.
- The contract was currently in the Legal Department for review.
Item was postponed to the next Commission meeting.
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS
- draft of plan to create a framework for disseminating public art information (Stallman)
The meeting adjourned at 10:32 a.m.
next meeting – November 15, 2019 followed by strategic planning until 3pm
- Potential Mural Location (Philips) [postponed from 9/20/19]
- The Key Bank’s property on Will Dodge Way.
- Allice Peil walkway - Item moved to the next Commission meeting for further discussion.
- Benches of Ashland (Philips)
- Art benches could potentially connect to MAP.