CITY COUNCIL STUDY SESSION
Monday, June 18, 2018
Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
Mayor Stromberg called the meeting to order at 5:30 PM. Councilor Slattery, Morris, Bachman, Seffinger and Jensen were present. Citizen Budget Committee Members Paula Hyatt, Jim Nagel, Pamela Lucas, Garrett Furuichi and Shane Moran were present.
- Public Input (15 min)
- 1st Year Budget Review and 2nd Year Forecast and Planning Discussion (45 min)
Administrative Services Director, Mark Welch presented the City Council and Citizenís Budget Committee with a PowerPoint (see attached).
Mr. Welch thanked all for welcoming change.
Items discussed were:
- Proposed Next Steps.
- Next Study Session Meeting is August 20th.
- Health Benefit Plan Changes.
- Police Officer Funding Options.
- Purchases in the last year.
- Water Treatment Plant Analysis.
- CIP projects completed.
- The Cityís Organizational Chart.
- Expense Category Updates: Personnel, Debt, Materials/Services and Capital.
- Citywide Revenue.
- Consumption Comparisons.
- General Fund Expenditures.
- General Fund Departments.
- General Fund Revenue.
- Taxes: Property Tax and Transient Occupancy Tax.
- Franchise Fees.
- General Fund Forecast.
- Updates from the City Administrator (5)
Interim City Administrator, Adam Hanks briefly went over the Look Ahead.
The Study Session Meeting was adjourned at 7:10 PM
Respectfully submitted by:
City Recorder, Melissa Huhtala
Note: Topic times are estimates and subject to modification at the meeting
* While the study session is not a Budget Committee meeting, appointed members of the Citizensí Budget Committee have been individually invited to attend. Notice is hereby provided that the meeting may involve a quorum of the Citizensí Budget Committee in addition to a quorum of the City Council.