February 5, 2014
Community Development/Engineering Services Building – 51 Winburn Way – Siskiyou Room
Call To Order – Regular Meeting, 6:02 pm
Historic Commissioners Present:
Dale Shostrom, Allison Renwick; Kerry Kencairn, Sam Whitford, Tom Giordano, Terry Skibby, Keith Swink, Ally Phelps,
Commission Members Absent:
: Michael Morris absent
High School Liaison:
Staff Liaison: Amy Gunter, Clerk: Billie Boswell
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Ms. Kencairn made a motion to approve the minutes of the January 8, 2014 meeting, Mr. Shostrom seconded the motion. Mr. Swink abstained due to being absent. The minutes were approved unanimously by the remaining Commissioners.
: There was no one in the audience wishing to speak.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORT:
- Oregon Heritage Commission – Ms. Gunter explained the grant was denied due there not being enough details such as why the sites were important and where the history information would come from.
- Ms. Gunter said due to the denial of the last two grants, she will be seeking a grant writing seminar or training for herself and/or one of the Historic Commissioners.
- Chairman Skibby talked to the Mayor at their brown bag lunch about the lack of funding from grants or the City for the Wayfair Sign project suggested by the City Council. Mayor Stromberg suggested contacting our Council Liaison Mike Morris.
- Tom Giordano and Dale Shostrom expressed an interest in also attending the Oregon Heritage Conference April 23-25, 2014 in Albany Oregon with Victoria Law. Ms. Gunter said she will ask for at least two reservations.
- Historic Preservation Week – Nominations. The Historic Preservation Awards Nomination List was whittled down to the most likely candidates and then divided into three groups to be visited and photographed. The three teams are as follows:
Team A – Phelps, Giordano, and Whitford
Team B – Renwick, Skibby, and Shostrom
Team C – Swink, Kencairn, and Law
There was also discussion about a date. May 18th
through May 24th
was selected as being designated Historic Preservation Week. Wednesday at noon was selected as the date for the Awards Ceremony to be held at one of the winners place of business or at the Community Center. Ms. Boswell will reserve the Community Center for Wednesday, May 21st
in case another venue is not found.
- Review Board Schedule
||Keith, Ally, Kerry
||Victoria, Allison, Dale
||Tom, Terry, Ally
||Terry, Dale & Sam
||Kerry, Keith, Allison
- Project Assignments for Planning Actions:
||400 Allison (Robin Biermann) New SFR (under construction)
||89 Oak St (Amorotico) New façade on building (under construction)
||175 Lithia Wy (First Place Partners) 3-story mixed use building (under constr)
||245 Van Ness (Nate Witemburg & Brint Borgilt) Addition (under constr)
||5 B Street (Spartan Properties) New Comm Bldg (under construction)
||15 N First (Amuse) Walk in Cooler (under construction)
||370 E Main (Staunton) Front Façade (under construction)
||19 Gresham / 374 Hargadine (No Submittal yet)
||14 Calle Guanajuato (Sandlers) Restaurant
||270 N First St (Nisha Jackson) New SFR
||60 Alida St (Micah & Greta Lieberman) new garage & ARU
||310 Oak St (Brent Thompson) 2 new Res units in Comm Bldg
ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
Next meeting is scheduled for March 5, 2014, 6:00 pm.
There being no other items to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 7:00 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Billie Boswell.