Public Art Commission
April 16, 2010
Commissioners: Davis, Edson, Bussell, Wynkoop, Pugh, Wilkderson, Parker, Seltzer (staff liaison), Lemhouse (council liaison)
Chair Bussell called meeting to order at 8:15 a.m. and welcomed and introduced Councilor Greg Lemhouse Public Art Commission.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the March meeting were approved.
Update on Carpenter Foundation Grant
The City has received a $1000 grant from the Carpenter Foundation for the Peace Fence.
Wynkoop reports that the Beanery is interested in commissioning a mural to be painted on the east facing wall of the building. There was general discussion on the mural process and the commission clarified that no action can be taken until the Beanery makes a formal proposal to the
Bussell reviewed the PAC goals and assigned commissioners to each goals.
1) Calle Scultpre, Davis and Wilkerson, RFP deadline is December 1
2) Utility Boxes, Bussell, Edson, “Call to Artist” deadline by end of April for Helman boxes.
3) Murals, Edson, Parker, Wynkoop, Bussell
4) Parks, Bussell
5) Walking Tour, Pugh and Wynkoop
6) Gateway Master Plan, Wilkerson, Bussell
7) Funding Committee, Parker, Davis, Edson, Pugh
Brief discussion on the cost of a mural, theme for murals in the community etc.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 a.m.