I. CALL TO ORDER: 9:06 AM
Members: Tom Burnham (Chair), Steve Ryan, Brent Thompson
Staff: Mike Faught, Jim Olson, Nancy Slocum
Attendees: David Chapman, Bill Hyman
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Minutes of June 3, 2010 were approved as submitted.
III. PUBLIC FORUM: None.
IV. ACTION ITEMS
A. Tour of Bike Facilities in Downtown
Faught informed the Subcommittee that standards for on-street bike parking have been approved by Council. The bike racks in front of Standing Stone were installed before the standard was adopted.
Ryan wondered if there was such a thing as too much bike parking. Faught explained that supply must stay ahead of demand.
Subcommittee toured the plaza area and
· Former Tree of Heaven area near the southwest corner of City Hall;
· On the new curb bumpout to be constructed at Mix Sweet Shop;
· On sidewalk near the northwest corner of City Hall;
· On street in front of
· On street in front of Wells Fargo Bank near crosswalk;
· Off street area adjacent to the stone art work at the corner of Lithia and Pioneer;
· On street on the east side of Pioneer north of
· On street,
· On street on the Westside of Pioneer, south of the Shakespeare crosswalk;
· Possible locations for bike parking within the Hargadine Parking Structure;
· On street parking in front of Varsity Theater.
In general the Subcommittee wanted to continue to clear the sidewalks for pedestrians, increase vehicle parking and increase bicycle parking on street.
B. Review of Parking Prohibitions - Tabled.
C. Pending Traffic Study at
III. ADJOURN: approximately 11:15 am