MEMBERS PRESENT: Carolyn Breece, Craig Gorson, Christopher Iverson, Anthony Kerwin (Chair), Dan Maymar, Ben Rice
Members Absent: Jim Lewis
Staff Present: Pieter Smeenk, Nancy Slocum, Keith Woodley
Non-Voting Members Present:
CALL TO ORDER: Chair Anthony Kerwin called the meeting to order at 5:34 PM in the Siskiyou Room.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Breece /Rice m/s to approve the minutes of January 8, 2008 as submitted. Motion passed unanimously.
III. PUBLIC FORUM: None
IV. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA: None
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. Set 2008 Goals
The Commission updated the goals to use in planning future budgets, agendas and updating the City Council. The proposed goals are attached to the minutes.
B. Commission Budget Review
Woodley distributed the budget for FY07-08 as an example of line items that will be included in the proposed FY08-09 budget. He explained each of the line items and how the amount was derived.
C. 2008-2009 Forest Work Plan
Woodley asked the Commission to consider a proposed list of forest work projects for the 2008-09 calendar year. The list included:
1. Ongoing development of the Winburn Parcel Management Plan.
2. Planning and implementation of additional prescribed under-burning, beginning with Unit G (in conjunction with USFS) and Unit J. Future prescribed burning is also proposed for Units A, B, D1 and E in the future.
3. Continue inventory of permanent plots - Winburn Parcel.
4. Ongoing noxious weed inventory and control throughout ownership.
5. Finish piling and burning of non-commercial thinning slash on Winburn Parcel Unit 5.
6. Piling and burning, and thinning slash on ridge and upper one-third of slope positions of Units P and Q.
7. Ongoing trails maintenance as needed.
8. Ongoing collaborative work with USFS in developing Ashland Forest Resiliency Project and associated Community Alternative.
Maymar / Iverson m/s to approve the list as proposed. Motion passed unanimously.