AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: As the June 2 Council meeting will be held electronically, written testimony will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org both general public forum items and agenda items as long as they are submitted with the subject line: June 2 Council Meeting Testimony before Monday, June 1 at 10 a.m. Written testimonies submitted by the deadline will be available to the City Council before the meeting and will be included in the meetings minutes.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of May 18, 2020
- Business Meeting of May 19, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Flag Day Proclamation
- Annual Presentation by the Band Board
- COVID-19 Update & Extension of COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See Note above for how to submit written testimony for Public Forum.
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of a Construction Contract for the Independent Way
- Request for a Water Service Connection Use Outside of City Limits at 1193 Ashland Mine Road
- Zero Emission Vehicle Innovation Fund Grant Application Request
- Reappointment of John Williams to the Forest Lands Commission
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Second Reading of an Ordinance amending Title 18 Land Use of the Ashland Municipal Code relating to Plaza Space Requirements for Large Scale Buildings within the C-1-D Zone and Downtown Design Standards Overlay
- Resolution 2020-08 Adopting a Supplemental Budget for Changes to the 2019/21 Biennial Budget
- Resolution 2020-09 Reiterating the Need of a Reserve Fund and Repealing Resolution 2010-18
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING