AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Note: As the May 19 Council meeting will be held electronically, written testimony will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org both general public forum items and agenda items as long as they are submitted with the subject line: May 19 Council Meeting Testimony before Monday, May 18 at 10 a.m. Written testimonies submitted by the deadline will be available to the City Council before the meeting and will be included in the meetings minutes.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session of May 4, 2020
- Business Meeting of May 5, 2020
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Annual Use of Force Report
- Third Quarter Financial Statements
- Extension of COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
(Total time allowed for Public Forum is 15 minutes. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony.) [15 minutes maximum] See Note above for how to submit written testimony for Public Forum.
- PUBLIC FORUM Business from the audience not included on the agenda.
To view submitted Public Testimony click here.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Department of Land Conservation and Development Grant Application to Update Ashland’s Housing Needs Analysis and Boards
- Award of Public Improvement Contract to Infinity Electrical Contractors for Project No. 2019-16 The Grove EOC Emergency Power Supply System
- Approval of Liquor License for Winchester Inn
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- Public Hearing and First Reading of an Ordinance Amending Title 18 Land Use of the Ashland Municipal Code Relating to Plaza Space Requirements for Large Scale Buildings within the C-1-D Zone and Downtown Design Standards Overlay
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Summary of 2019 Aerial Drone Fire Patrol and Request for Extension of the Intergovernmental Agreement with Rogue Valley Council of Governments for Fire Season Drone Detection
- Recommendations from the Cost Review Ad-Hoc Committee
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Second Reading of an Ordinance Amending Procedures in AMC 2.04.030 for Placing Items on Agendas for Business Meetings
- Resolution 2020-06 Amending the Goals, Criteria, and Requirements for the Economic Development, Cultural, Tourism, and Sustainability Grant Program
- Resolution 2020-07 Allocating Anticipated Transient Occupancy Tax Tourism Restricted Revenues for Fiscal Year 2020 and Repealing Resolution 2019-17.
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING