ad hoc City Hall Advisory Committee
June 21, 2017
Methodist Church, 175 North Main 1:30 p.m.
1. Call to order
2. Approval of minutes
3. Tour of Briscoe School
5. Public Input
Wednesday, July 5 Report from ORW on space needs
Wednesday, July 19
Future Agenda Items
• What criteria will be used to eliminate/narrow the list of proposed options?
• GO Bond impact on property taxes over 20 years.
• What are the pros and cons of each proposed option?
Purpose of Committee
The purpose of this committee is to:
• Identify the best option for improving/replacing City Hall (meets the work space needs through 2031 and provides reasonable degree of seismic safety for employees)
• Determine the amount needed for the identified option
• Determine whether or not the City should seek voter approval of a General Election Bond (or series of bonds) to fund the identified option and phase 2 of the Police Station
• If a GO Bond is recommended which election date is recommended
• If a GO Bond is not recommended identify options funding sources
• Provide a recommendation to the Council and the committee’s rational for the recommendation by early September